Monday, January 31, 2011

Mindo

This is one of the first Mindo peaks we saw when first arriving, and you can see why it's called a raincloud forrest.


This is some of us starting out on one of the Mindo trails to see some waterfalls.


This is all of us heading out to see more of the Mindo Raincloud Forrest.


This is a group shot before we got on the cart to the other side.


This is one of the many bridges we had to cross.


Another shot of the trail we hiked.


This is a trail that climbs up a smaller waterfall to lead to a bigger waterfall.


This is me with one of the smaller water falls we saw.


This is the biggest water in Mindo, and this is what the previous picture led too.


This is a few pictures that I took on our trip to the Mindo Raincloud Forrest. Mindo's rain forrest is the best hiking that I have ever done. I went with eight other student teachers from our Kennesaw group, and I think we were all equally in awe at the amazing scenery around Mindo. A few of us already decided that we are definitely making a second trip back because there is just so much to see there.
The first day we arrived the rain forrest held to its name, and rained the entire day. Which was not as bad as it sounds because once we all were wet, we really did not care anymore. Not to mention that it made the 13 ziplines MUCH faster than usual. I wish I had pictures from the ziplining day, but I was afraid that I'd ruin my camera.
Mindo was an amazing town and hopefully I have some more adventures that will come close to topping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment